Since 1986, the MICAH House has been a haven for families and individuals experiencing a housing crisis. The shelter provides the resources and support necessary to regain self sufficiency and reenter the community.
The mission of MICAH House is to provide a safe and nurturing environment with support services for those families and individuals experiencing the crisis of homelessness.
What We Achieved in 2015
- MICAH House served 665 individuals, 54% of whom were children
- 23,235 nights of shelter were provided
- 28,473 nutritious meals were served that allowed guests to use financial resources to obtain permanent housing
- 24% of adults gained employment during their stay
- 50% of clients were able to move from MICAH House to stable housing
- 48% of clients served were from Nebraska, with the majority coming from the Omaha Metro Area
- 39% of clients served were from Iowa, with the majority from the Council Bluffs area
- 13% of clients last place of permanent residence was from a state other than Iowa or Nebraska