The main source of support for MICAH House is from personal donations from businesses, individuals and foundations in our community. In general, donors make charitable contributions to our shelter because they value our mission of providing food, shelter, and basic needs to the those facing the challenges of homelessness in our community.
To make a donation, click the “Donate” button below, or send your contribution to:
MICAH House, 1415 Avenue J, Council Bluffs, IA 51501.
All donations are tax deductible. Donors also receive our monthly news letter with stories and statistics as well as current needs. To join our monthly e-news, click here.
In 2014, MICAH House received more than 150,000 pounds of food and 130,000 pounds of non-food items. Donations can be dropped at the garage door located on the east side of our facility.
We accept donations seven days a week but prefer donations to be delivered Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We cannot serve expired food, but we can donate it to other food banks that can.
- Food must be in its original package. (For other arrangements, please call us before delivery)
- We are always in need of protein, fresh vegetables and fruit, milk, and eggs.
- Other items often needed:
- Condiments: salad dressing, sugar packets, peanut butter and jelly (individually packaged), mayonnaise, spices and seasonings, pasta sauce, taco sauce, coffee creamer
- Dairy: cheese, butter, coffee creamer, Vitamin D milk
- Grains: Tortillas, ramen noodles, children's cereal
- Canned goods: cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup
- Drinks: bottled water, Gatorade
- We cannot accept used electronics, beds, or furniture.
- We do not accept used undergarments.
- We ask that used items be in working condition.
- We are always in need of:
- Over the counter medicine: children's Tylenol, allergy medication, children’s cold medicine, cough drops, Benadryl, infant ibuprofen, Orajel, cough syrup, Neosporin,
- Paper goods: paper towels, toilet paper, napkinds, tissues,
- Clothing: undergarments, coats (during winter months, socks
- Basic Needs: laundry detergent, tampons, brushes, conditioner, shaving cream, deodorant, face wash, Lysol, towels, twin sheets, pillow cases
- Childcare: infant supplies, toys, bedding, pack-n-plays, Lysol, tampons, brushes, conditioner, shaving cream, deodorant, face wash, diaper cream, diapers, pull-ups, tear-free shampoo, bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, bottle brushes, strollers, baby baths
- Miscellaneous: mechanical pencils, box fans, ice packs, Post-It Notes,